Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit discounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

Can anyone please help me...

Is there a way that we can limit the discounts to be given to a particular customer??

For example:

Our company have alloted a fund worth 100 for customer A-001 as support.

Upon SO we use a condition type for discount and this should not exceed the amount given above.

Please help..

Many Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi carla

If you want to limit the customer discount for some customers then first of all maintain the key combination of material/customer to maintain the condition record and now in VK11 you can select the line item and and then go to additional data tab and then enter the value of max orders .So that the condition type will be eligible only for that number of orders .If you exceed that max orders then that conditon type wont trigger in the sales order.

Example

Say if your max orders are 10 then in the 11th order the condition type wont come for that customer as the key combination is material / customer

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your response

In what input field should i enter the max orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Path is vk12->select your condition type->access sequence->select the condition record->click on additional data ->give max no. of order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only fields I see under "Additional Sales Data"

(1) Sales Deal

(2) Terms of Payment

(3) Fixed Value Date

(4) Addit. Value days

There's no max order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw it already... 😃

Thanks for the help!! 😃

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be achieved using Condition Update. Check condition update in your discount condition type. And got the condition record and click on details button and enter 100 in the upper limit field in Amounts Tab.

Viswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your discount condition record maintained for that customer, then select the line and click on the Blue Lens , then you'll see under Rates - Lower Limit & Upper Limit , then put 100 in Upper limit - save. Then go to V/06 - select your condition type - tick mark on the field 'Condition Update' - Save

Now, try to create the sales orders and see if it works for you as you wanted to work.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the helpful answers..

I have another concern, what if the limit will be applicable irregardless of customer. Is there a way to set the limit across all customers per sales org?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you need to have the access sequence created as per sales org + customer and assign the access sequence to your discount condition type.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you need to have the access sequence created as per sales org + customer and assign the access sequence to your discount condition type.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to limit discount to all the customer related to particular sales organisation than one solution would be

1.Creating customer Group and assign that customer Group to all the customers related to the particular sales organisation in customer master->sales tab.You can assign customer group to customer at once via mass transaction.

2.Create Access Sequence as - customer group

3.Assign Access sequence to condition type

Edited by: Sharad Kaliya on Dec 10, 2008 12:19 PM