cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling RFC with out any request message ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement u2013

Intranet application does a Http call for a RFC(no import parameters) to get GL data from R/3 through XI.

Please suggest on how to call a RFC through XI with out sending any request message to it.

Thanks in advance,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Code you are showing is a function only, What your RFC name? Check your Function Module in R/3 there might be some parameter under Import,Export Tab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I have copied the source code of the function module, and as you see the code it does not have the import parameters.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To Call an RFC you must have to send request(Import Parameter). It is function module which contains import and export parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Please see below the RFC, it does not have the import parameters

FUNCTION cc_read_gl.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Local interface:
*"  EXPORTING
*"     VALUE(OGP1) TYPE  YFLAG1
*"     VALUE(OGP2) TYPE  YFLAG1
*"     VALUE(OGP3) TYPE  YFLAG1
*"     VALUE(OGP4) TYPE  YFLAG1
*"  TABLES
*"      GLTAB STRUCTURE  CC_GL
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT * INTO TABLE GLTAB
     FROM cc_gl.

ENDFUNCTION.

please suggest on how to call such RFC's.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How u explore you rfc? If with XI then please import you rfc and then refer to the rfc that you import on XI. There should have rfc and rfc.respond. Please refer the rfc see any request field that you import.

Best regards,

Gan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Gan.

currently I don't have the access to the XI system, can you please import such RFC in XI and provide me the snapshot of request and response message.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also don't have access on XI system now but from you rfc source i think you may try to send a request using the table on you rfc. Just simply put some dummy data inside the table then you will execute the rfc.

Hope it can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mk.xi,

can you please elaborate your answer.

---> use server abap proxy . With in the proxy code call the rfc with dummy data .perform all you caluculations and select queries...bla bla inside function module...and send back the response to abap proxy code.

and Is it not possible to call a RFC without sending any message?

---> No...i don't think so...as RFC is basically a function module which is remote enabled. and every function will definitely have import and export parameters . that's why is said use dummy data in import an dsend back GL related data using export params.

hope i am clear...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mk.xi,

Use Server ABAP Proxy send dummy data and inside abap proxy call the rfc for getting the GL data as response.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santhosh for the reply.

can you please elaborate your answer.

and Is it not possible to call a RFC without sending any message?