cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually add a file to transport queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to implement OSS Note 1094799 via SNOTE Transaction.

But this note has pre-install instructions and provides 3 tranpsort request files a ZIP files. I have downloaded all 3 files and unzipped them successfully.

But how do i add these files to my DEV transport queue so that i can apply this OSS Note.

I am not a BASIS person. So could anyone please give me procedure to add a transport request manually to the queue.

Thanks

Cheers

POPS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy the data files into /usr/sap/trans/data as well as cofiles into /usr/sap/trans/cofiles.

then go to STMS-import overview> double click on dev system> Extras> Other Requests -> Add> enter the request name

Regards

Subhash

jody_chassereau
Explorer
0 Kudos

We recently had to apply an OSS note 1279366 to bring in updated 1099 smartforms for 2008 legal changes. The note involved manually importing files provided in a ZIP file attached to the note. We were able to successfully bring this into our development client by placing the files in the appropriate transport directory and manually importing thru STMS. The transport it created starts with a prefix of P6BK and is assigned to an unknown target group /P6B/GRP/.

My question is: do OSS notes like this that require manually importing the transport files have to be manually imported into each environment (QAS, Prod) like was done in Dev? Or is there a way to reassign this transport it created and get into the normal transport path? I am not a Basis admin here and was not sure how to advise the person who is.

Thanks... Jody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jody,

Well if any data/cofiles if you will receive in a note correction then it is a process and supported by SAP, but at this point of time i am not sure that is there any other way or not to do the same. we have to wait untill any expert says their views.

Regards

Subhash

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jodi,

You can not reassign the transport from SAP. You could (though I'm not suggesting you do this) create a new transport in your DEV system that includes the same objects in the SAP transport and migrate that through the landscape. However, the correct process would be to just migrate the SAP transport.

In terms of the unknown target group, does your system have a /SAP/ target group? This transport default to it.

I hope that helps.

jody_chassereau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure that the proper approach for getting this type of SAP-provided correction in QAS/Prod was to manually add the transport in each queue through STMS. I don't think it is a big deal for the Basis resource to do that since he was able to import it into the Dev client with my instructions on the co file and data file placement -- we had been able to use SNOTE for all other corrections to-date in our environment, so I was just trying to help advise how they needed to get this one applied and wanted to see how others did it. I agree with not creating a new transport myself trying to collect the same objects.

Jody

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys