cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 on WinXP SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I installed SAP GUI 7.10 on Windows XP machine with SP3 as Administrator on Limited user account.

The installation went fine though the desktop shortcut is broken. Was able to launch logon pad and connect to SAP server. But after i login, i encountered a MESSAGE_TYPE_X runtime error instead of SAP EASY access. I tried switching to Administrator user account, everything went fine. We tried this on two separate machines, with the same result. I didn't encounter this on SP2 machines.

Does anybody ever encountered this?

Is there any workaround without downgrading to SP2?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rayel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Are you getting SAP logon screen after running following command,

sapgui <Appl-server IP> <SAPSID>

Please check, and let me know.

One more think I want to suggest may be all of you aware about it.

Do not uninstall SAP GUI from Windows Add/Remove programme, this kind of uninstall do not remove all the files from systems. So when you will install SAP GUI next time, installation can not overwrite old files. So it will give an error message.

So always use SAP GUI setup to uninstall it.

Friend,

Please follow the given steps. Unistall it first. Then install by using Administrator privilege. and let me know if your problem has resolved or not?

Regards,

Jayendra.

0 Kudos

Hello

I'm experiencingthe same error. Did you find any solution?? thanks.

Regards

Jaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaume,

Your installation of XP may be broken, or applications previously installed (including SP3, if you manually upgrade) might be causing the problem, at least this is my (and some in this thread) suspicion. Try installing SAP GUI on a fresh WinXP SP3 in a virtual machine and see if you'll encounter the same problem.

We solved this by re-installing WinXP SP3.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rayel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayel

The problem in your system is not SP3 but a criminal called IE7. U can do a lot of R&D by uninstalling IE7 or maybe reinstalling it,BUT, SAP recommeded solution is that there is a perferctly patched SAP Gui to handle this situation called SAP Gui 640 release 23 which you can download at the following link..... (I know its odd to tell someone to download a lower version of gui ..... but .... this will help)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweave...

Hope this helps..

rgds / Kamal

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to install SAPGUI, you need administrative privileges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did install it with administrative privileges. and when i logged in administrator account SAP GUI works fine. but when i logged in limited account, thats where I encountered t he MESSAGE_TYPE_X runtime error.

Regards,

Rayel

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which patch level of SAPGUI 7.10 was installed? Are you installed latest SAPGUI patch level 11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have installed patch level 9 of sap gui.

will try to install the latest patch and post the result here.

thank you very much.

Regards,

Rayel

Former Member
0 Kudos

patched my sap gui with the latest patch but still didn't work.

i tried uninstalling sap gui then created an administrator account

named ADMIN1. using user ADMIN1 i installed sap gui but it

finished with error, it failed to register ocx and dll files.

Here is a part of the error log:

16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Attempting <InProc COM server file> installation: C:\DOCUME~1\AVD\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temp.Sap\gui710_9\SapF\System\SAP\wdtlog.ocx --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Target file C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx already exists
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   File version of source file is: 7100.2.9.77
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   File version of target file is: 7100.1.0.69
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Source file version is higher than target file version: Overwriting existing file
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   'C:\Documents and Settings\AVD\Local Settings\Temp\Temp.Sap\gui710_9\SapF\system\SAP\WdtLog.ocx' successfully copied to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx'
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Attempting to register COM InProcServer C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Reregistering newer version of COM server C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Attempting to register COM server from reg file
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Offline registration impossible: COR- file not found
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   Falling back to out of process self registration ( sapregsv.exe )
16:23:21  NwSapFeiKr  2   CreateProcess on: 'sapregsv.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx /s /w'
16:23:22  NwSapFeiKr  2W  Registration with 'sapregsv.exe' failed: No message text available. Error code 0x201 (513)
16:23:22  NwSapFeiKr  2   Falling back to registration with 'regsvr32.exe'
16:23:22  NwSapFeiKr  2   CreateProcess on 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx" /s'
16:23:23  NwSapFeiKr  2E  COM server out of process self registration failed! Reboot required.: Access is denied.## Error code 0x5 (5)
16:23:23  NwSapFeiKr  2E  The module C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx could not be loaded due to unresolved module dependencies:
16:23:23  NwSapFeiKr  2E  Module mfc80.dll is unresolved
16:23:23  NwSapFeiKr  2E  Module msvcp80.dll is unresolved
16:23:24  NwSapFeiKr  2   Attempting <Data file> installation: C:\DOCUME~1\AVD\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temp.Sap\gui710_9\SapF\System\SAP\lang\wdtllogAR.txt --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\Lang\wdtllogAR.txt

hope someone could shed light.

thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

New Patch should solve the problem.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

here no need to new patches ...

if you have 710 with winSP3 that is ok ...

catch your IT team to give sufficient privileges....

if short cut is broken then check GUI.ini file at system 32 and find also log file....

hope you will get the solution.

cheers,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you have good installation DVD ? Looks like it's are broken ...

though the desktop shortcut is broken

it's not good ...

Try to check logs ... (Read in instguides how you can do it) -->

P.S. are trying install it direct login under Administrator account?

Regards.