cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C Installation on Veritas Cluster 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently trying to install R/3 4.6C to work with Veritas Cluster Server 5.0. I can install the application successfully but the problem that I'm having is that the virtual hostname specified during the installation resolves to the physical hostname of one of the nodes as a result of which all the profile parameters, profiles are hard coded with the physical hostname.

I found a really old note (138765) which talks about cluster installation options on windows but it doesn't really help my situation.

Has anyone done a 4.6C cluster installation on a unix server and if so are you able to point me to any available documentation? I could probably go through and change the hostnames everywhere but would prefer to do it through R3SETUP command files (Eg: NTCLUSNA.R3S/NTCLUSNB.R3S). I can't seem to find the similar files for a Linux installation.

Any help as always is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Cheng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am currently trying to install R/3 4.6C to work with Veritas Cluster Server 5.0.

<...>

> I can't seem to find the similar files for a Linux installation.

At the time 4.6c was released on Linux cluster setups were not supported. 4.6c is (long) out of support already and you may have a hard time doing such a setup. You could, however, copy the files from a different OS setup CD and adapt them manually.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: I've renamed the the dbenv and sapenv files to hostname independent names and this now will start and stop SAP regardless of the host it resides on. I've also changed the profiles to the cluster name and set the SAPLOCALHOST, SAPGLOBALHOST to the cluster name and its all working so far. Since there's no installation setup for cluster for Unix or rather I haven't been able to find it then I'm going to use this method to install. I have a message open with SAP and Symantec about the support process, so am waiting to see what they come back with. Closing this thread. Thank you to all who have responded.

Cheng

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cheng,

FYI, SAP Linux installations on Veritas Cluster are currently in Ramp-Up phase for selected customers only. In case of problems, we cannot support your configuration. If you want to participate, please open an OSS call on bc-op-lnx-vts and ask for permission to use Veritas Cluster.

If you are only using the cluster in a non-productive environment, the restrictions from above don't apply.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just had a mini break through. I've found that if I set the $HOST and $HOSTNAME env variables to point to the virtual hostname then all problems go away (or at least so far!)...I just have to figure out how to change the profile names and the startsap, stopsap script names. Will test this and post back later.

Can anyone think of any implications of doing this?

Thanks,

Cheng