cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.1 PI Post-Installation configuration - error connecting to SLD host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've installed NW 7.1 with PI usage and performed post-installation steps for SLD and NW using the Deploy and Change section of NWA. Now I'm trying to perform the PI post-installation. On the step "7 Add Installed Product2" I've got the following error:

Element 'SAPConfigLib.SP2.Unclassified.addInstalledProduct':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86
-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128
-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128
-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96
-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.SP2.Unclassified.addInstalledProduct':Error during executing Java Reflection:IO error: *Unable to open connection to host "win03-sap:1234". The host is down or unavailable..*

Where

SP2 - SAP System ID

win03-sap - SAP Host (the same computer)

1234 - SLD port specified during installation

I have checked the following things:

- Firewall is off completely

- SLD Server is running (checked in Web-based console http://host:port/sld

- Using the transaction code "sldapicust" checked that host and port are maintained by SLD

Question: anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it? Any suggestions are very appreciated.

System parameters:

- NW: NW 7.1 PI usage

- Central Instance

- DB: MS SQL Server 2005

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Unable to open connection to host "win03-sap:1234". The host is down or unavailable..*

Are you able to telnet to the host win03-sap to port 1234?

try "telnet win03-sap 1234" from command prompt and check if its responding.

Regards,

Jazz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some investigations I discovered what was the problem. It is in some strange logic of installation wizard of NetWeaver. It asks you for the port number for SLD, but in fact you can enter the only value, which is 5<Instance ID - 2 digits>00. Any other value will lead to the errors after the installation.

Don't know why the did that, but re-installing SAP System with the port 50200 (my instance ID is 02) let me pass this error (though I got another one of the different kind, which I don't have the solution for yet).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try a port ping?

What error do you get when you create a RFC (HTTP) connection to win03-sap on port 1234?