cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radar Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever been able to fill in the inside of a radar chart? All that I can determine is that I can only update the color of the concentric lines.

The intended result is that the more the "Actual" data matches the "Target" data, the more the inside of the radar chart is filled.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you're really expecting? You have the grid line and color for the 'circular' Y-Axis around the radar polygon shape, as well as the chart area bg color.

Are you expecting the lines to fill in between somehow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Yeah, does that display allow you to fill in from the center of the chart to the inside line and/or from the inside line to the outside line?

In my case, the inside line is the actual value and the outside line is the target value. If I could fill in the areas then you could see at a quick glance how close the actuals are to the targets by looking at the area of the inside or actual filled-in color vs. the area of the outside or target filled-in color. If you see none of the outside color then that means that we've achieved our target in all cases.

Maybe there is a better way to represent this?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What made you go with Radar instead of Area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point, I suppose that the Area Chart would accomplish the requirements as I described them. The radar chart suited our client's desire to represent the metrics as "spokes on a wheel" and grouping the metrics together on the chart (operational on top, quality on left, etc.) so that a quick glance could easily convey which category of metrics were failing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the Radar or Area chart do not give you the appearance you want, you could implement this as SVG and an Animated Object fairly easily...or even a Flash object linked to an MII back-end.