Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Runtime Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the following:

1. A WDP DC 'X' that only contains Java classes as util library. This DC has the packages that contains the Java classes into its public part.

2. Another WDP DC 'Y' has the 'X' DC as used DC into its metadata (Build Time and Run Time are checked).

3. A Context attribute of the DC 'Y' has as a type a Java class defined into DC 'X'.

4. The DC 'Y' has an application.

5. The building of this DCs was ok.

6. The deployment of this DCs was ok.

7. Running the app of DC 'Y', occurs an error: the DC 'Y' doesnt recognize the java class defined into DC 'X': com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.TypeNotFoundException: type java:package.DC.X.Type not found

I dont know, what am i doing wrong. What do i have to do?

Regards.

--

Gregory

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess to make JAVA classes available in other WD DC at runtime ,Try exposing them in Assembly PP(Can be packaged in other Build results),And use it in Y DC.

So in this case you will have 2 pp Assembly and Compilation.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks both for ur answers.

Siddharth I'll try what u say and let you know.

Regards.

Gregory.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case there are only a few scenarios that I can figure out:

1.) Either that the Original DC X is not built and deployed properly.

2.) There is some problem with the way that the public parts are being generated.

In case you still have problems after trying the steps mentioned - you should try and recreate the two DCs. If that works then it means that there was some problem when you created / deployed / activated the public parts or the entire DC "X".

Also remember - you need to pick the public parts from the Inactive section and not the active section in the Wizard.

Thanks.

p256960

0 Kudos

Hi,

First try removing the "Design Time" check from the public parts that you have created. Leave only the "Build Time" check and try again.

Delete the old public parts. Recreate the public parts. Two must be created - one for each of the radio buttons in the wizard. Ensure that only the Build Time option is checked in both cases. Please add all the relevant classes to the public part using the Java Class option.

Build the DC "X". Then add these public parts to the DC "Y" after deleting the old public parts from DC "Y".

Finally, Build the DC "Y". That should work.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry about the delay.

The "Design Time" option wasnt checked. I try doing what u say and the error still happening.

Regards.

Gregory.