SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMMC

0 Kudos

Hi! Experts. After trying to execute the FMMC transaction, i got the following dump:

"ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT" C

"SAPL2012" or "L2012F23"

"MOVE_CONTAINER_OUT"

I have read several notes about it. For example: Note 1033925 but we can't apply it because we had applied the Note 936786

Can anyone tell me what should I do?

Regards,

Ruth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

Please refer the question 15 in SAP note 582221 (FAQ: BAPIs for purchase orders.) for more details.

Note 582221:

15. Question:

You are using BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and BAPI_PO_CHANGE to supply user-defined

fields for tables EKKO, EKPO and EKKN. During the update, a termination

occurs with DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_REQUEST.

Answer:

Check in the CI structures of the corresponding database table as to whether there are type P (packed) fields. Refer to the online documentation for user-defined fields and the ExtensionIn parameter: In BAPI table extensions, only CHAR data type fields and similar data types can be used by the customer.

This restriction arises as a result of the BAPIPAREX reference structure of the extension parameters. In

addition, the customer must not use standard table fields in the APPEND of the BAPI table extension because a 'move-corresponding' would also overwrite the SAP field.

See Note 509898 for a solution approach.

Possible solution:

1) Please change the data type of all the fields in CI_* as CHAR type

and then retest the scenario.

2) Please refer to note 509898, that has a guidance solution to your

problem.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

Please refer the question 15 in SAP note 582221 (FAQ: BAPIs for purchase orders.) for more details.

Note 582221:

15. Question:

You are using BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and BAPI_PO_CHANGE to supply user-defined

fields for tables EKKO, EKPO and EKKN. During the update, a termination

occurs with DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_REQUEST.

Answer:

Check in the CI structures of the corresponding database table as to whether there are type P (packed) fields. Refer to the online documentation for user-defined fields and the ExtensionIn parameter: In BAPI table extensions, only CHAR data type fields and similar data types can be used by the customer.

This restriction arises as a result of the BAPIPAREX reference structure of the extension parameters. In

addition, the customer must not use standard table fields in the APPEND of the BAPI table extension because a 'move-corresponding' would also overwrite the SAP field.

See Note 509898 for a solution approach.

Possible solution:

1) Please change the data type of all the fields in CI_* as CHAR type

and then retest the scenario.

2) Please refer to note 509898, that has a guidance solution to your

problem.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa, we made the changes that you said and the problem was resolve

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Ruth

0 Kudos

Vanessa,

I need to update custom fields on EKKO using BAPI_PO_CHANGE and have the same problem as Ruth. I had found Note 509898 and decided this would solve the problem. However, I cannot find a user exit or BADI that has both the extension table from the BAPI and access to update the Z fields on EKKO. In BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, I can update the Z fields, but the extension is not passed from the BAPI to the BADI. In customer exit EXIT_SAPL2012_002, I can process the custom extension structure (all character fields as described in Note 509898), but the POHEADER stucture in the FM does not include the Z fields so that I can update them. Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,

Garland Pope