cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get solution manager key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've searching this forum but couldn't find the answer I am looking for. I am installing SAP Netweaver 7.0 (2004s) SR2 from DVD package. In the middle of "Execute Service" during installation, it's asking me to provide the solution manager key. Else where in the forum, it talks about how to get the key from solution manager, but I don't have the solution manager. I've look through all my DVD's, but there is no installation disk for solution manager. Where would I get this key? Please help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key is generated in Solution Manager, this is the only way to get it. You may download Solution Manager via service.sap.com/swdc if it is not shipped with your installation package.

For generating the key any Solution Manager will do.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Thank you very much for your response. I've been to service.sap.com/swdc, but could not find a link to download solution manager. If you could, could you give me explicit steps to get to the link to download solution manager. When I search for "solution manager" there, I get a bunch of solution manager diagnostics... please help and thank you.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Solution Manager requires a new installation number. You can request that using the information in

Note 628901 - Order SAP Solution Manager or its installation number

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, here's what I don't understand. We ordered and got SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2. Apparently, in order for us to install SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2, we need solution manager key which requires us to install SAP Solution Manager. But, SAP Solution Manager didn't come with the installation DVD's for SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2. We have to make a separate purchase of SAP Solution Manager just to install SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2??? Because I don't see SAP Solution Manager in any where in our SWDC views....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what I found. You can request the installation key through the following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/subscriptions/instkey-request

It may be that our license is just a development license so the solution manager didn't come with it. It took me a while to find out that I could request installation key through this link - requested it but haven't gotten one yet though. However, this should have been clearly indicated in the document that comes with the installation package... thanks for your answers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

call the Transaction SMSY

choose other object in the system landscape menu

set the system flag and choose the system to be installed or upgraded from the possible entries help.if u created the system in the SAP solution manager choose this system

choose Generate installation key/upgrade key

enter the required data and choose generate key

the sytem displays the key

regards

Praveen