cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "Manually" publish WCF service in Service Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since WCF service publication is not yet supported by ES Explorer for .NET, will someone know me how to do that in SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1.

I did the following:

Services Registry->Publish and picked up the WSDL from WCF, and pressed the Publish button.

Now when I go to "Service Definition" tab, and put service interface name in Find dialog box, the service appears in "Found Service Definitions:.." list, and can see details in "General" and "Endpoints" tabs in the bottom.

However, the "Classifications" and "System Details" tab don't show anything since I just imported the standard WSDL from WCF without any SAP specific extesions.

Can I somehow manually edit them, and classify my service, since I could not do that from the ES Explorer tool?

Edited by: Fakher Halim on Dec 9, 2008 11:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In "Services Registry -> Publish" you have 2 options:

1. To click "Finish" button to publish a service only with its metadata loaded from wsdl

2. To click "Next" button to publish a service step by step while defining Physical System at step 3 and Classifications at step 5

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rima,

I only have publish button on my CE page. I an using SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 SR5. It does not have a "Next" button on its web page. However, I could successfully do the classification of this service.

Here is what I am doing:

1. Going to the first page http://LOCALHOST:50000/index.html. Here I have 8 options, e.g. "Web Services Navigator"; "SAP NetWeaver Administrator"; and "Services Registry".

I click on "Services Registry".

A new browser window opens. (I can also do the same by directly navigating to http://LOCALHOST:50000/sr and logging on).

2. The title of this page is "Services Registry".

I click on "Publish" Tab, and see "Publish Services" page underneath it. On this page I just have a single text box with accompanied label "Endpoint WSDL: " and a single yellow button "Publish"

3. When I copy paste my service WSDL, the only button I can press is "Publish" .

After pressing that button, and waiting for a few seconds a green checkbox appears with message indicating that service is successfully published. I never see the "Next" button you mentioned in your solution.

Can you please guide me on that?

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, in NW CE SP5 this option is still not available. I verified Publish scenario on NW CE EhP1 If it helps you, its trial version can be downloaded from [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/00846edd-355b-2b10-f38c-df94ec96eb74].

Publish functionality is used for publishing new and updating existing services, therefore if you cann't change classifications and physical system during Publish then you don't have a way to update it later.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your guidance, I could easily publish it with EhP1 !

Answers (0)