cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating pricing conditions for non existent materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there gurus;

My client has a requirement to load pricing catalogues for articles they may not have set up in the system as material master records: they receive these catalogues with hundreds of thousands of records, and want to store them in "pricing" tables. Then, as the need arises, they will want to set up some of those articles as proper selling materials, and use the price records they've set up already.

Any ideas how to achieve this? I'm sure other people will have faced this problem, and I'm keen to find out the best solution!

Thanks in advace!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in general you seem to agree with me, the best solution is creating materials with very limited views, maybe a different material type, and then, if the material is required for real operations, change the material type and add the required views.

THANKS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would set these up as materials, with a Cross Distribution status (or whatever, I'm not in a system right now) so they will not be allowed in a sales order. Then set the price records up for them.

When they are "available for sale" you simply remove the status and are good to go.

It does cause you the more "painful" upfront process of creating the materials with basic data and sales views, but it is a lot simpler release process when you are ready

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without material masters, you can't set material specific pricing condition records in SAP system.

You can try the following;

Upload the existing pricing in a Z-table with legacy catalogue numbers details. When a new material master is created, then from this Z-table, the pricing value can be appended to the material master record. To pull the correct pricing from Z-table and to have reference, in the material master (which will be created in SAP system) -> basic data2, basic material field can be used.

Regards,