cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Analytics graphic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to develop a analytics graphic, but i have a problem.

I put one AnalyticsGraphic in my view, this graphic is a pie type, and have information about Customer sells.

When i click in some part of this graphic, other graphic must be open with information about sells in the last 12 months by this customer.

But when i click in the first graphic, nothing happen. I 've created a onSelectCategory event in the first graphic, but whem i click this method isn't executed.

I am using NWDS 7.1 ehp,

can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

it should work. I checked it using the Trial version - with a Pie - and it worked. What is your event handler doing?

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefanie.

In my event handler i change the data in context node to the selected customer data.

But the event don't execute. I put one message, and i try to debug but the event don't execute.

But i execute the sample tha i found. And this sample works. That is very strange.

I've compare my component with the example component, and both is equivalent, there are a diference only in the way that i get the data. In the sample the data is static, im my component the data is populate by model.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use a tool like HttpWatch to check whether a request is sent to the server when clicking inside the graphics and which parameters are sent. What are your findings?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin

I used plugin HttpFox to Mozilla Firefox. When i click in the graphic nothing happen, no request is sended to server. The other actions in the page work normaly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you give more details on your UI element hierarchy, data binding and action assigment?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i could

The context:

\\ GraphicOrder(Node)
      customer
      total
     \\ OrderByMonth(Node)
             monthName
             jan
             feb
             dec

I populate this context by a model.

The UI hierarchy and bindings:

Container
     AnalyticsChart( Pie - binding with GraphicOrders Node)
             CatagoryAxis( binding with GraphicOrders.customer Element)
             DataSerie ( binding with GraphicOrders.total Element)
     AnalyticsChart( Columns - binding with OrderByMonth Node)
            CatagoryAxis( binding with GraphicOrders.customer Element)
            DataSerie ( binding with GraphicOrders.jan Element)
            DataSerie ( binding with GraphicOrders.feb Element)
            DataSerie ( binding with GraphicOrders.dec Element)

In the Pie AnalyticsChart the onSelectCategory event pass the nodeElement to parameter, then i get the customer and populate the OrderByMonth Node.

This event(onSelectCategory) isn't executed.

Regards.