cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface from RFC to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a strange problem with one of our XI Interfaces. This Interface was running smoothly for a while and later I did some changes to the interface. The changes are to change the structure by adding few fields. There used to be ENAME in the RFC structure, I removed ENAME and then added VORNA and NACHN for first name and last name. The changes look simple and I transported to Quality, everything worked fine and then I moved the changes to Production. This interface normally runs once a week. After I moved the changes, interfaces was successful first week. From second week interface failed. The reason for the error is it is still referring to the old structure which has ENAME. When the program is run in the foreground, it runs successful.

I have been running this job everyday in Quality, it works fine. When this is run in Prodcution as a job it fails. When run in Foreground it runs fine.

This issue looks very strange to me. Anybody has any thoughts about this issue?

Thanks

Naga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

Which SP version of XI 3.0 are you on.

Start/ Stop communication channel from RWB is present after SP 9 i think . Moreover Check with your Transport history if there was some issues while transporting it. If not sure do a re transport after testing in Q and verify the name change.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir

Our XI Version is 3.0. I did not find a way to stop and start communication chaneel in RWB.

Thanks

Naga

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you reimport the RFC before making any other changes in your dev system? You need to inactivate and activate the channel if you are on 3.0

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ

I reimported all the objects that are effected by my changes. My question is why it is failing only in background and not in the foreground.

Thanks

naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You should be able to stop/start your communication channel by going to :

RWB--> Component Monitoring --> Communication channel monitoring ( under the Status tab).

It will open a pop-up screen wherein you can select your communication channel and start/stop it.

For more details :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Pooja

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naga,

try stop/start RFC CC in RWB.

Thanks!