Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: MSC2N restrict further by limiting batches to PP only

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to creat a new role with transaction MSC2N and to restrict this further by limiting batches to PP only. any one has any idea on this?

Thanks,

Sun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

C_TCLS_MNT Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area object may be the answer to your problem.

Actvt : 23 Maintenance of characteristics for org. area allowed , any other value Display area only characteristics for org.

Class type (Any)

For eg. 001 Material class (standard) , 017 Document class (standard) etc.

Org. area (Any) Organizational area

Example:

Field Value

Actvt 23

Class type *

Org. area A - E, K, V

A user can only assign values to characteristics that belong to organizational areas A to E, K, or V. This setting applies to all class types.

The organization area are defined in customizing for classification for each class types, under classes.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you clarify further on your requirement? I am not able to understand what is it that you are exactly looking for?

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am asked to create a new role with tcode MSC2N, they want me to limit the batches for PP only

thanks,

Sun

Former Member
0 Kudos

they want me to limit the batches for PP only

And what's PP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP probably = Production Planning.

@ sun: If there are no restriction possibilities within that transaction which you can use in your concept, then reconsidering your choice of transaction should be your next step.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

C_TCLS_MNT Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area object may be the answer to your problem.

Actvt : 23 Maintenance of characteristics for org. area allowed , any other value Display area only characteristics for org.

Class type (Any)

For eg. 001 Material class (standard) , 017 Document class (standard) etc.

Org. area (Any) Organizational area

Example:

Field Value

Actvt 23

Class type *

Org. area A - E, K, V

A user can only assign values to characteristics that belong to organizational areas A to E, K, or V. This setting applies to all class types.

The organization area are defined in customizing for classification for each class types, under classes.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information.

I deactivated all the objects for the user in the role after assigning the tcode and then activated one by one based on the SU53 screen shots. user is able to change the batch after activating the below four objects in the role for MSC2N ttransaction.

Issue was solved, now i am trying to understand this scenario, once i figure it out i will let you all know

C_TCLA_BKA

M_MATE_CHG

M_MATE_CHP

M_MATE_WRK

Thanks,

Sun

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Julius

thanks,

Sun