cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throw Soap Exception in BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is Soap->XI->BPM->RFC. I get a soap request in synchronous way with Request and Response messages I Map my request to a RFC and If there's any application error or mapping error I have to send SOAP fault exception to my Soap Sending system. But I don't see any option in BPM to throw soap exception only thing I can do is to map my errors in the soap response and send it to soap sender.

But my Soap sending system needs soap fault not a response message when any errors happen.

Please let me know if anybody has this same situation and how to handle it.

Thanks in Advance,

SP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create falut message type and use the fault data types in it. Make sure that your RFC throws some exceptions if something is not correct on its side. When you import RFC, you will be able to see the falut tab in the interface mapping. You need to map the fault messages here so that a SOAP falut message can be created. I do not think BPM is needed here unless your RFC is not returning an exception.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

I have to use BPM as I am doing other stuff in my BPM. In my BPM I am catching mapping exception and then I have to send this to Soap Sender in SOAP fault message and in abstract interfaces we don't have option to give fault message types. Also, I am using S/A bridge and I have to close the brige in order to send some response to Soap Sender.

Is it possible to send soap fault when we close the S/A brige by send step.

Thanks,

SP.