Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX does not index all documents fro document class SOLARGNSRC

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've setup a connection between a TREX server (which is also used by a portal system) and Solution Manager. I've gone through the settings in SAP Note 750623 and I was able to create a index, the queue and even bypass the basic authentication in the preprocessing for document class SOLARGNSRC

According to everything I've read, this should be enough to be able to index all documents in Solution Manager and find them with Full Tex Search. But this doesn't work. From the 50.000 documents in de class (35.000 English and 15.000 German) only 6300 documents are passed to TREX. Most of them are German HTML links to help.sap.com. I can see in the trace files that the URL's to some documents in the content server are passed to TREX. I can open dthe document using the links but I cannot find the documents using the full text search which I think means that nothing was really indexed.

Questions:

1. Has anyone been able to succesfully index Solution Manager documents for full text search purposes?

2. Why are only 10% of the documents passed to TREX? Is there a specific setting for this?

3. Why does TREX use the Content Server HTTP links to index the documents and not the RFC connection?

Cheers

Marcel Rabe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_langner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

please go to Transaction SKRP07 and choose "diagnostic". Are all the lights green? Have you maintained the search server relations? What returncode do you receive after indexing with SKPR07?

What versions of TREX are you running? Have you activated all the languages you want to index in TREX? Are you yousing a proxy server?

Regards,

Peter

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yep, all lights green

SSR maintained. DRFUZZY as Search Engine (I have not tried Verity)

Return Code? Interesting, I don't get an return code when I trigger the Index/Deindex. I just see the hourglass for about 5 minutes (when I run it in the foreground) and after that its back to the way it was. No messages. Nothing appears in the application logs as far as I can see.

The program RSTIRIDX is scheduled in the background and runs every hour minutes for about 10 seconds without an error.

TREX Version 7.00.39.00

Five languages actived, including German and English. In SKPR07 under Indexed documents I can see that 300 German and 6000 English documents have status indexed.

No proxy server. Systems sit within the same network segment

Thnx for your help. I posted a message with SAP as well as this seems strange to me.

Marcel

peter_langner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

this sounds all good to me. Please check the trex log-files. Are there any error messages?

Regards

Peter

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

not really. a few documents do not pass the preprocess state, but the url's in the trace file all get the http 200 instead of the 401 before.

2 pnts awarded for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

could you please share your solution on the problem?

I am facing the same issue here.

thank you very much

kelly