cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent assignment in workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to assign agents(user) as approvers to a particular workflow.

Thanks,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

To add start condition performe the following steps:

1. Go to t-code SWDD and open your workflow template.

2. Go to Basic Data (cap sign button at the top of the screen) or click Ctrl + F8

3. Go to Start Events tab.

4. In the Object type enter your BO name, in Event of object enter the BO event.

5. Click on 'B' i.e. Binding Defined, click on generate automatic binding. It would automatically generate the appropriate binding for the workflow. You can also alter the binding as per requirement.

6. Click on 'C' i.e. Start Condition. A dialog would open, select the appropriate start condition for the workflow. Check the condition before saving (recommended).

6. Click on 'A' to Activate the binding and start condition. All 'A', 'B' and 'C' would get green.

7. Save the changes made and activate your workflow.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

to assign agent to a particular workflow template..

follow these steps:-

PFTC -> select WF template -> enter WF ID -> click change -> Additional Data on the Top ->Agent Assignment -> Maintain..

U can check about Agent assignment further on SAPtechnical.com -> tutorails -> business Workflow

Let me know if you still have any doubts

Regards,

Kanika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanika,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Pls let me know as to how we can assign say user123 as an agent for a particular workflow.

does that user needs to be in the same org structure as the requester.

Regards,

Manu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

yes. user must be in organisation structure. Did you see first top down tree structure in the left corner screen. click the task which you could view and go to top down tree structure. Now you may get choosen agent tye pop up. select user and give the userid you want to give.Eventually click the task and click the white-red ball icon .now you may get index was generated in the left down bottom screen.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

If you want to assign the whole WF Template to a User...follow the steps I have told u earlier...

After Maintain...There would be an ICON called "create agent assignment" -> Select the USER -> and give the User-ID of the USER..!!

This will assign that particular user as the agent for this particular WF template.

Regards,

Kanika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the user be in the same purc group /purc department/company pls let me know.

Also if i have to assign an agent in workflow is it mandatory that he should have a manager role.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

First Let me know whether I have cleared your Doubts till now..?

Now Your Query..

1> To assign an agent it need not be a managerial role,,,U can create even ur ID as the User and assign the Workflow to you..as Agent..

2> The User to whom You are assigning the Workflow should belong to the same company and should have a BP - User created for him. He should be able to access the same Server/Client that you are working on..

Hope I am clarifying your Doubts.

Let me know if anything is still not clear..

Regards,

Kanika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes the questions were answered.

Also pls let me know how to definsethe start conditions for an existing workflow.

Thanks,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

YOUR Question:- How to define start conditions for existing WF..?

Check the following steps:-

1> Go to the Basic Settings Tab..

2> Go to Start Events..

3> There A,B,C is there - where A defines Active Linkage, B defines Binding, and C defines Start Condition..

Enter the BO there, and then its Event...after entering this only, U will b allowed to enter the Start Condition..

Let me know if u still have any doubts

Regards,

Kanika