Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AL08 vs. SM04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @ all,

could someone tell me please what's the difference betw. TA AL08 and SM04? Today I checked for a user who blocked a delivery for serveral minutes, AL08 has shown but SM04 didn't, why I don't know.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user was logged onto a different application server instance than the one you were logged onto...

=> SM04 is local app server only.

=> AL08 is all users on all app servers of the same SID.

If you want to kill their session, go to SM51, switch servers and then take him out

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 9, 2008 4:50 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user was logged onto a different application server instance than the one you were logged onto...

=> SM04 is local app server only.

=> AL08 is all users on all app servers of the same SID.

If you want to kill their session, go to SM51, switch servers and then take him out

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 9, 2008 4:50 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, these are the dirty tricks you should know , but as I wrote some threads before, I'm a newbie in the Security Area

0 Kudos

Remember this thread when you run an ST01 trace for a user, but the trace is empty... => same cause

I think that this had already been discussed before in posts about SM04, although not lately.

Cheers,

Julius