cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Mater -Country Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my customer master data i can see the "country" field which is a required field, but in respective customer account group in the address tab there is no such field setting exist, so i can convert that required to optional. Please let me know how to do the same?

For any clarification please revert

Regards,

Sagar Wairagade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi Sagar,

You can control the "Country Filed " through the account Group T.Code OVT0.

Go to 0001 Sold to party account group Genral Tab tab and choose the address tab and selct the 3rd page country for format is there , ther you can activate it whatever you want.

And also check in OB20 also.

I hope this will be useful for you.

Regards,

Vasu

Edited by: vasu Vasu Enaguthi on Dec 10, 2008 7:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Country field is always a mandatory field.You cannot change this field to optional why because because of country it is useful or the key field in calculating/determining the VAT.Because VAT is country specific.

For remaining fields you can change by using the path:

You can use the T.Code OVT0 or by path like:

SPRO>LOGISTICS GENERAL>BUSINESS PARTNER>CUSTOMERS>CONTROL-->DEFINE ACCOUNT GROUPS AND FIELDS SELECTION FOR CUSTOMERS.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sagar

Mr. Raja is absolutely correct, country is very very important for any customer to place orders, so this is a mandatory field by SAP only and you can't edit it to optional.

You can't make country field optional in SAP customer master. Hope you understood.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In OBD2 or OB20 you will not find the field country to make it required or optional or suppress

Country is a VERY VERY VERY important key field in CMR

Through Country only the taxes and many FI related settings are picked for that customer

without country the CMR and vendor master also is meaningless in SAP

Hence it is hardcoded control in SAP that without inputting country you cannot create a CMR

Hope it is very clear

Without country it is meaningless Hence to make it meaningful SAP has made it hardcoded so that we dont play around

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 9, 2008 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for yor reply.

My question has been solved.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

is this also applicable for one time customers?