cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment - Vehicle master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i know that in order to mantain the material master record for a vehicle is necessary to use packging material belonging to the category of means of trasport.

We need to use the means of transport in shipment and we have to pack all the deliveries items into that packagin material representing the vehicle.

I have the following question about this process:

1) Is it possibile to define the license plate number in material master record so it's copied automatically in the handling unit that is generated in shipment when i do the packing in the vehicle? Where, according to SAP standard is supposed to enter the plate number of vehicle?

2) Is it possibile to define vehicle status in material master record (damaged, unavailable, etc...) in order to block that vehicle/material packaging in shipment?

I know that some of the features above are part of yard management, but do you think is possbile to do the same only with sd-transportation module?

Thank you very much for your attenetion.

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

1) it is possible to maintain the define the license plate number but not in the material master but in the text determination which can be assigned to the sales document type.

2) you mean to say by vehicle not available or material not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

For the question two i mean a block in material master for packaging material like the one used for blocking the insertion of a specific material in sales order, delivery, etc... This block for the vehicle should prevent me by using the vehicle for the shipment (because it's damaged etc...).

My packaging material is not managed on stock basis.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

A.