cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2SE Local Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the local adapter engine to send and receive files from a FTP server. However, the outbound/receiver adapter is throwing this ugly Java/FTP exception:

Feb 28, 2006 1:02:58 PM  ...sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ftp.FTPCtrl [Thread-20] Info: ftp server returns reply '220 Service ready'
Feb 28, 2006 1:02:58 PM  ...sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ftp.FTPCtrl [Thread-20] Info: ftp server returns reply '230 User logged in'
Feb 28, 2006 1:02:58 PM  ...i.messaging.adapter.XMB2FileProcessor [Thread-20] Error: java.lang.Exception: ftp client test failed with 'com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ftp.FTPEx: User logged in'

As you can see the FTP server returns a nice 220 (Service ready for new user.) and 230 (User logged in, proceed.) response.

So how come the adapter throws an exception like this here? Can someone try to explain?

Tnx,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, your message is truncated so i can't view the complete message,

But i may suggest,

1. In the FTP server did you mention the read,write,append authorization to the userid you are refering in the sender file adapter? Typically i use guildftp as a ftp server and that has options for all these authorization.

2. Do you have any firewall or proxy installed locally,

3. Can you write the sender adapter settings and paste the error again as its truncated from the right side.

Regards,

Anirban.