cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing while TreeByNestingTableColumn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using TreeByNestingTableColumn. My problem is when I select a leaf node from the tree in the table, I'm not able to get the value of the selected leaf node. I tried using a button in the adjacent column, and tried capturing, the UI returns the first value of the tree.

Any help in this regds will be highly appreciated.

Thankx and Regds in Advance.

Regds,

Sandboy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Which are you wanting - the LeadSelection or all selections. There are two different methods:

● Get all selected elements (including the lead selection)

selected_elements =

CL_WD_DYNAMIC_TOOL=>GET_TABLE_TREE_SELECTION(

DATA_SOURCE = context_node_of_the_data_source

).

● Get the lead selection only

lead_selection =

CL_WD_DYNAMIC_TOOL=>GET_TABLE_TREE_LEAD_SELECTION(

DATA_SOURCE = context_node_of_the_data_source

).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Mr.Thomas !!

My requirement is :

If I click on the node (or adjacent button icon column) of the nested tree in Table UI, it should give me the value of the clicked node. By going thru the Lead selection root, I'm forced to click on the table row selector. If you can help.

Hope I'm putting across my point. Also, if you can elaborate a bit on the mentioned code.

Thankx in advance.

Regds

Sandboy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I understand what you want to do, but there doesn't appear to be any APIs to expose that information. There is no node click or expansion event and the only selection that can be retrieved is via the leadSelection or tableSelection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Thomas!!

If I go thru the Lead selection route,I'm able to get the node. But there is a small problem.

Say a Node has three Children. When I expand the node, the row selector points to the first child.But if I expand say the third child, the row selector still is pointing to the first child (default).

If you are aware of by any chance to get the lead selector (read table row pointer) point to the correct expanded child, my job will be done.

Thankx again in advance.

Regds,

Sandboy.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The expanding of a node simply doesn't set the selection or LeadSelection. That's just not how the UI element works. Users must set the selection directly.

Answers (0)