Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A field in the RFC.response is not being populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am facing following issue and hope you guys may help me on this:

PI sends a RFC.request message to SAP and receives a RFC.response. However, there is a field in the response that is coming empty (string field). Functional team told me that if they execute the RFC with same input parameters, they DO get this field with some data in the response.....

i have reimported the RFC, refreshed CPACache and re-saved the objects in IR, and ID.

Have you ever noticed this issue??? Do i have to doublecheck anything else?

Any clue on what may be happening here?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

david

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Restart your server.Also check wheater your field has same length for example if you are sending 100 and in database it is 000100 then respose would be empty.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stop and start the RFC CC from RWB. it will hopefully solve the issue or else if doesnt then you will have to restart XI server.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ive done all the things you just recommended and nothing, the issue still remains!!

Is there anything i should do before restarting the PI?

and, btw, which action i should perform, restart the server or restart the SAP instance?

Best regards,

david

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restarting java instance is important.

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the polling/maximum connections in RFC Channel, Minimize them to 1 if more than 1 and then restart the java instance.Hope it works.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

ive restarted the server (not only SAP but also at OS level), adjusted the lenght, decrease maximum connections in RFC receiver CC but THE ISSUE IS STILL THERE, the field is not coming in the response

Any other clue on this?

Best regards,

David

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

plz check in response mapping in test tab by filling dummy values if the output is coming with the same data as in SAP.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

yes, the mapping is working fine. I checked this as a first approach.

I cannot understand why this may be happening as the restart of the server ensures the problem is not regarding caches, .... or may be it?

Best regards,

david

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to deactivate and reactivate the communication channel once. Also check the payload in message monitoring.

Regards,

Prateek