cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNetweaver ABAP license cannot be renewed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My license for Netweaver ABAP installation has expired and I am trying to renew it.

I have followed all the instructions mentioned in previous related posts but still unsuccessful

I always get below error while running saplicense.exe -

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

I logged on as nspadm user and ran the executable from the command prompt both before and after setting the environment variables specified in thread "Lisense renewal problem" but could not avoid the error.

I also tried to log on with sap* using password pass but got error "Name or password is incorrect". Do we have any other userid and password for this?

If anybody has successfully renewed the license then will you please tell me what values have been set for these environment variables in your system? (dbms_type and DIR_LIBRARY)

help please...

Thanks,

Rahul.

Edit:

I tried once again and I could renew the license. Few points which might have helped.

After switching on the computer

1. Log on with nspadm

2. set environment variables dbms_type = ada

DIR_LIBRARY = .

3. Make sure server is fully up and running

4. From command prompt switch to directory

C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS02\exe where saplicense.exe is actually stored. and then run saplicense.exe -install

This procedure worked for me

Cheers,

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Aurangabadkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have seen a trick here on SDN that someone did that actually worked. Set you system date back to a date when your license was valid. Then log on to your system, apply the new license via transaction code SLICENSE, then set you date back. I think that this was the procedure.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also log on as sap* to renew an expired ABAP license.

No need to change system time etc.

This works on NW2004s.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK that trick works only for MiniSAP 4.6D....I tried on NSP without any luck...Anyway...It's not that bad to renew the license every 3 months -:)

Greetings,

Blag.