cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to every one ,

i am facing RFC problem when standard job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFOMNITOR is canceled with CALL_FUNCTION_RECIVE_ERROR in our production server .some time it is completed without any error but some time with RFC error :CALL_FUNCTION_RECIVE_ERROR .

in my production server when i run t code sm51 i got two active server

1:-SAPPRO_MRP_00 IP=192.168.16.212 Host name=SAPPRO

2:-SAPAPPS_MRP_01 IP=192.168.16.211 Host name=SAPAPPS

so when i check RFC between them through sm59

i login into SAPPRO

and check RFC

it is showing 00024 no connection to database error . while at Target Host i am setting SAPAPPS system no. 01 and then it is taking IP automatically .

but after that when i am checking connection test OR remote Login it is showing error.

00024 no connection to database

while load balancing option is NO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if am not wrong you meant rfc communication between the CI and apps ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

It seems you take it so personally.

Please try to read the error message. problem is stright forward doesnt mean that there is no problem but problem can be solved easily.

SAP Never says that to keep same instance number for all instances. It might be confusing for you but not for all. I never recommend to reinstall the production instance instaead of solving main issue.

Is reinstallation solves problem. Definately not.

Mr. Friend, Please dont get frustrated if some body gives answer which is opposite to your answer.

Let him tell which one solves his problem.

I want to close it. If you feel, i am very sorry and never answer in this forum if i hurts you.

Thanks,

Kiran.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> It seems you take it so personally.

No - I don't.

> SAP Never says that to keep same instance number for all instances. It might be confusing for you but not for all. I never recommend to reinstall the production instance instaead of solving main issue.

You're right, yes - but it eases administration a lot (as this case is showing VERY nicely).

If he's running an CI (what I assume given the name) there is already a gateway on the instance

> I want to close it. If you feel, i am very sorry and never answer in this forum if i hurts you.

I'm not all knowing and I never allege that for me.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both AND i feel you both are sharing own experince but what is in my case i want to tell you

very first i have a production server.

here when i am going to check how many application server here then i run sm51 and

i found two server there

Server Name Host Name Message Type Server Status

sapapps_MRP_01 SAPAPPS Dialog Batch Update Upd2 Spool ICM Active

sappro_MRP_00 sappro Dialog Batch Update Upd2 Spool Enqueue ICM Active

is it ok .but when i click sappro_MRP_00 then it is showing workprocess status,while i am clicking on sapapps_MRP_01 then it is showing *ERROR : Communication error with server sapapps_MRP_01

00024No connect to database, session terminated*###....while Server Status of both showing active , now give ne the solution. what should i do.....

Edited by: anuj sharma on Dec 10, 2008 5:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all error has been removed .

error was not proper rfc communication between both application server now both are ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Your problem is very straight forward and no need to do any reinstallation.

It seems your database is running on different host than CI. If so you need to install atleast gate way instance on database server in order to fetch data from your database server. Please tell how is your system setup. Whether it is central system / distrubuted system installation.

Please note you can use any available instance number for your dialog instances. No need to be same as central instance number.

Thanks,

Kiran.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Your problem is very straight forward and no need to do any reinstallation.

Well - obviously it is not - otherwise he wouldn't face that problem.

> Please note you can use any available instance number for your dialog instances. No need to be same as central instance number.

Technically this is true, yes - but it may confuse you (e. g. during upgrades), confuse the support, more ports need to be opened for the remote access etc.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1:-SAPPRO_MRP_00 IP=192.168.16.212 Host name=SAPPRO

2:-SAPAPPS_MRP_01 IP=192.168.16.211 Host name=SAPAPPS

You have two different instant numbers? Those are two different systems....

it is showing 00024 no connection to database error . while at Target Host i am setting SAPAPPS system no. 01 and then it is taking IP automatically .

Using DHCP on an application server? I wouldn´t do that.

but after that when i am checking connection test OR remote Login it is showing error.

00024 no connection to database

You have two different systems (system number 00 and 01).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what should i do for that , because i am getting abap short dump at st22 which is showing

SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFOMNITOR is canceled with CALL_FUNCTION_RECIVE_ERROR.

plz help me out.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your setup is incorrect - you can´t run an application on system number 01 against a CI running on 00.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

so for that what should i have to do ....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to re-install the application server and use systemnumber 00.

Markus