cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Views in component controller.(perfomance)

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi guru,

how many view can exist in one component controller .

i like to follow the best pratices .if i create more then 12 view.

it will affect the perfomance or not .

Please give me the reason for that.

Advance thanx

Regards

Vivekanananthan.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAP has published some guidelines on the designing WD Components in the latest version of the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c6/58e70398244a87a2c39e700bdae4a9/frameset.htm

We state that you should limit yourself to 15 views per component. The actual technical limit is higher although there is no definite number when you reach the compliation error. The size of the views also effect when you reach the maximum number. You see classes get generated behind the scenes for your Web Dynpro Components. There are compiler limits on how large a class can be. The more views/the more code and objects in the views - the larger this generated class gets.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ya , There is limit of max views in one component... But I dont think You will touch this limit in any reasonably designed component.

Having lot of inter-related views will cause problem while creating portal iviews and performance also will be the issue.

Regards,

Rohit

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i want the exact .how many view can be in one component.

please i am doing perfomance analysis. so this answer might be useful.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As I said, there is no set limit as the size of the views also plays a part in the problem. I would suggest that if you follow SAP's guidelines of no more than 15 views that is well under the general limit and you won't run into any problems.

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank u thomas.