cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer : numeric default value 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

this is the problem I am facing : I want to use a field with the default value 0 if the BAPI does not return a value.

But this particular 0 value is not taken, the BAPI that takes this parameters considers that the value of the field is NULL, so it does not work.

I tried with "0", 0, 000, a string field with "0" default values, but did not manage to find a good solution.

Does anyone got an idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Fabien.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi community,

>

> this is the problem I am facing : I want to use a field with the default value 0 if the BAPI does not return a value.

>

> But this particular 0 value is not taken, the BAPI that takes this parameters considers that the value of the field is NULL, so it does not work.

>

> I tried with "0", 0, 000, a string field with "0" default values, but did not manage to find a good solution.

>

> Does anyone got an idea ?

>

>

> Thanks a lot.

>

> Fabien.

HI Fabien

place a input field with data type number on the form (dont take data type text)

and in this input field give the default value as 0(Zero)

and in the same input field select formatting tab

select numeric radio button , uncheck the local format and under decimal places drop down list select 0 (Zero) and under thousand separator select none

this above will show 0 (zero ) in input field

now map this input field as default value to the BAPI which your using

hope this works

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you giving the 0 (Zero) as Input to the Bapi.

if yes what output you are Expecting From the BAPI after taking the Zero input ?

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Murtuza I am using a table numeric field.

Govindu, yes that is what I am giving to the BAPI. I expect that it use the 0 value, not the NULL value.

By testing it with right click > test bapi in visual composer it works if I enter the 0 value, and gives me the error message I get in runtime if I enter no value.

Thanks for your research.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF(ISNULL(vlaue),"0",value).

Did you try with this condition?

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it does not work...

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me what field are you using so that I can try at my end and let you know.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea ?