Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Profit Centers vs Org Responsible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I'm very new to cProjects and SAP PS.

When we created a Project in cProejcts we assign an Organization Unit Responsible which has a Profit Center of e.g. 12345.

For each WBS Element associated with the Project they will have a Profit Center which does not match the Project Profit Center.

Yet when we run Settlements all of the WBS Elements are reflecting against the Project Proft Center, not the individual WBS Element Profit Centers.

Would someone be able to point me in the correct direction as to how I can configure this such that the correct Profit Center is updated when I run settlements.

Many Thanks in advance

Panduranga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Panduranga,

Please check whether you are using Single Level or Multilevel Controliing for the particular project type.

To settle the cost to the respective WBS profit center, you should select Multilevel Controlling for the project type.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

The Project Type in cProjects is defined in config as the Project Profile

I've looked at Transaction OPSA for where to set the Multilevel Controlling but cannot see it, could you expand further on how to make this work

Many Thanks

Panduranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are giving the profit center at Project definition level then remove that profit center.

Give the different profit centers to differenet WBS element. Then check out..

regards,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradip

So in the Projects / Structure / Additional Data Tab for the Project the Org. Responsible should be blank?

Regards

Panduranga