Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh entry list for dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing following issue with the entry list of a dropdown box:

1) The entry list of my dropdown box is filled by a bapi.

2) I can add an additional entry for the entry list by a specific function -> now this new entry should also show up in the value list of the dropdown box.

3) When checking the available entries in the entry list the new entry doesn't show up.

4) When relogon or refresh the browser ("F5" function) the new entry is available

Does anybody have an idea why the dropdown isn't refreshed automatically when I check the entry list?

Thx

Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Gmeiner on Dec 9, 2008 1:04 PM

Edited by: Bernhard Gmeiner on Dec 9, 2008 2:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When your function calculates new value, you can link back to the first view so that it's values are refreshed. Did you link back to the first view on action of the function calculating the new values?

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the main issue is that even when I manually press the dropdown box to get the entry list I still get an old version. The new entry which I can already see on the database is not shown up. Only after refreshing my bowser window (F5) the BAPI shows up the new entry.

It seems that the entry list is kept in a buffer and is not refreshed by pressing the dropdown button.

I did some checks with entry lists from BI queries and in this case the list is refreshed when I enter new items.

Regards,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the Entry list and create it again from the BAPI.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following steps to solve the problem.

1. Open 'Tools -> Options' and select 'Compiler' tab.

2. For 'Data service retrieval' drop down select the option " Do not Cache data services (get latest)"

3. Now save the model and deploy it.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did so - but entry list isn't refreshed - only after refreshing browser (F5) the new entry shows up.

Thx

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use a timer to refresh it.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this isn't working because even the manual refresh isn't successful.

Thx

Bernhard