cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Duty rate updation in order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have recently changed the Excise Duty rate in J1ID.

Now I want to update the ED rate in the orders that were created before the ED change was done.

I tried the following ways but none of them was successful:

1- Update the prices on the condition tab

2- Changed the Billing date manually

3- Changed the Pricing date manually

The thing that worked was changing the Req. deliv. date to a date after the ED change was done. This automatically redetermines the billing date and the orders are updated.

But I am not clear on what the ED (JMOD..) rate in an order is dependant upon? Is there any other method of updating ED rate in an order?

Regards

Sapshed

Edited by: Sapshed on Dec 9, 2008 10:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintained the excise duty in J1Id, you would have maintained it with validity dates.

In change sales order, if you change the pricing date as such it falls in to the validity periods you mentioned in J1Id and update with "G" pricing type.

Hope this resolves.

Regards

Gurunadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi & Gurunadh,

All these settings are already maintained. Whatever you have mentioned I have already tried.

ED was flowing in the invoice before as well.

But I want to understand from the order context - why ED is dependant on Req. deliv. date and why it is not getting updated even after updating prices or changing pricing date manually or changing billing date manually.

Plz guide

Regards

Sapshed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In copy control VTFL, select your item category and for the field "color:brown}"Pricing Type", maintain C or G and save.

Go to J1ID, select "Excise Tax Rate" and change the duty rate with effective from date and save.

Now dont worry about sale order; instead create delivery and invoice. In invoice, you will find that the revised duty has flown.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Now when I am creating delivery with past date (before changes were made) and billing document with todays billing date (after changes were made), the system is still picking the old excise duty in billing doc.

How to rectify this? Does ED in billing document depends upon Actual GI date? What is i change the billing date to todays date?

Plz guide

Regards

Sapshed

Edited by: Sapshed on Dec 10, 2008 10:58 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In copy control VTFL, for your item category, there is a field "Pricing Type". Check what is maintained there. It should have been "C" or "G".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

In VTFL, G is maintained as pricing type.

Regards

Sapshed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The suggestion whatever I gave you was only after testing at my end. For me, the billing has taken the new excise duty value correctly. Of course, I have not predated the Actual GI Date. Since right now, I dont have access to SAP, please test a case without changing the Actual GI Date.

Alternatively, you can process via VF04, where there is a tab "Default Data". Select this tab and maintain the current date in the field "Date of services rendered" and execute. Post the outcome whether this suggestion has helped you.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi