cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open application in new window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a very typical problem. I am using webdynpro java - Adaptive RFC model.From the model, I get the output of a pdf form. Everything goes fine, and clicking on the link of the web dynpro view I am able to open in in a new window.

Now the actual requirement is to launch the pdf window in the first click itself.ie, web dynpro view should not be made visible. i removed the view, and called the code in init() id component controller. But since a 'window component' is always required to launch a web dynpro application, still I get a blank screen(nothing inside it) and a new window as well for pdf. The new window for pdf is because I am using window.open().

IWDWebResource webResource = WDWebResource.getWebResource(wdContext.currentForm_OutputElement().getPdf(), WebResourceType.PDF);
			   String url = null;
			   try {
				   url = webResource.getURL();
				   wdContext.currentContextElement().setMypdfurl(url);
			   } catch (WDURLException e) {
				   wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("error in form fetching");
			   }
			   IWDWindow window = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(url, "ConfirmationForm", false);
			wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("url " + url);
						   window.open(); 

Is there any way in which I can set this url in the launch application window of web dynpro application. Else can I get away with the launch window in some way...I want just one window to open having the pdf inside it.This pdf is coming from backend.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by using InteractiveFormUIElement in the mode:UsePdf.