SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory reconcillation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In IS oil please explain me the inventory reconcillation process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Fallowing are the steps for inventory reconcillations

1. enter physical inventory in O4_tiger transaction for Material and plant combintaion.

2.Check the diffrnec between Book stock and Physical stock can be vievwd in O4_tiger

3 POst loss / Gain vai MB11

You can also manage the loss and gain by custmizing in o4_tiger

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

1. enter physical inventory in O4_tiger transaction for Material and plant combintaion.

2.Check the diffrnec between Book stock and Physical stock can be vievwd in O4_tiger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all: an explanation would fill a book ... so let me give you some hints here:

This area is always problematic because:

+ We're dealing with 'flowing' bulk products (liquids, gas)

+ We therefore have temperature and density fluctuations, which do not make life easier. A process of periodic normalisation is needed.

+ SAP standard Phys Inv does not work well with IS-OIL (negative stocks)

+ It is very difficult sometime, to get all stock levels accurately reported

Based on my experience the business process (timing) around this is VERY important, at least as important as the technical solution.

For the technical realisation, make you customer aware that this will involve some dev. The details are really dependent on the business process. I recommend playing around a lot with standard MIXX (XX=01 - 20) transactions and the mentioned Silo-Management solution.

Sorry for not being of great help but there is no shortcut here. This is always a challenge.

Cheers ML