cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to desktop Java application from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to connect to a java application program in my desktop and return a parameter to R/3. I have installed Java connector and I want to call the java application from R/3 using Java connector.

I was able to get few samples to setup the RFC destination for a remote server program, but I was not able to find anything for an application in the client system. How to setup the RFC destination for a Java connector to call the application in the desktop? Can anyone please answer this question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

1. Why do you need to connect from backend system to your desktop client? Did I understood it correctly that it's exacly what you want to do?

2. I guess examples you saw are for JCO or JCA which is a part of SAP J2EE server. Simply speaking the server is waiting for a client request and your desktop application probably not. If you still are sure that server->desktop connection is what you need then you have to emulate the server on your self and then depending on what you need JCO/JCA you have to create a kind of container that will implement listening service.

I'd like to hear your answer for question one to give you more detailed answer.