cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of delivery priority??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can anyone explain me in details, what is the purpose of Delivery Priority? As name suggest, it should priorities the delivery due list. If line item-10 with delivery priority - 01-Urgent and line item-20 with delivery priority - 02 - normal, it should make a delivery split and deliver line-10 only???

But it is not happening. Is there any assignment required for delivery priority??

I checked lot in SDN but all answers seems to be rubbish. Please suggest.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Praveen

On your comments "I checked lot in SDN but all answers seems to be rubbish", please try to learn as to how not to hurt others.

Coming to your clarification, delivery priorities are used

- to combine creation of deliveries based on this priority

- to allocate stocks via backorder processing based on this priority

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member

Hi Lakhmi.

Sorry for my english.

I never intend to hurt any of the expert.

This forum is really good for immediate help to all of us.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member440871
Participant

Dear men,

For split delivery, delivery priority is not the critical to auto split. Automatic split happens when in SO, the lines item is different:

Shipping point

Due date

Ship-to address

If you would like to use delivery priority as critical for split, you have set in copying control or delivery scenario.

Hope this help!

Regards,

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

It is very simple

You can combine all single orders in to one delivery if the delivery priority is the same

Delivery priority is used for combination factor

It has only this control and nothing else

This is apart from combination factors like

Shipping pt

Shipping condition

Actual GI date

Route

Incoterms

Confirmed dates in schedule lines

Delivery due date or delivery date

If all the above being the same but the keys of delivery priority is different then a delivery split will happen

If a SO is having a line item with 2 different delivery priorities then there wont be two line items and it will be two different delivery documents

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 9, 2008 1:11 PM

former_member204513
Active Contributor

Dear Praveen,

Delivery priority Use

You can assign delivery priority to either a particular material or to a combination of customer and material. When you process deliveries collectively, you can use delivery priority as one of the selection criteria.

Procedure

In SD Customizing you can define delivery priorites according to the needs of your organization. During sales order processing, the system proposes the delivery priority from either

The customer master record, or

The customer-material info record.

If both records exist, the system proposes the delivery priority from the customer-material info record. You can change the proposed value for each item.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks for the quick response.

I understood your points. You mean to say, delivery priority can used as one of the criteria for creating delivery in mass for similar delivery priority.

Can you confirm one more thing: Delivery priority can not be a criteria for auto delivery split???

Means if a SO having 2 line with different delivery priority, it should split the delivery for these 2 lines and create 2 DOs???

Regards,

Praveen