cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office 2007 compatibility with SAP GUI 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting run time error while opening MS word 2007 through PS text .

Is there any compatibility problem for MS word 2007 with SAP GUI 710 .

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ian_daschner2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I noticd that the note references patch level 13 but at the end of the note it links to patch level 12. I downloaded patch level 12 and xlsx is working for upload and download. I am having issues with the xlsm format. I get error messgaes stating that "Excel cannot open the file 'filename.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file". Apart from this issue it all seems to work ok for excel 2007 (xlsx) and excel 2003 (xls) formats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1286768 should explain all of this better....

PL 13, as of now, will be the patch that contains support for docx/xlsx/pptx formats

ian_daschner2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

FYI. It looks like they have made PL13 available today. I see it out on the site for download.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per Note Note 947334 - New features in SAP GUI for Windows 7.10

it support Microsoft Office 2007 ...

Your GUI patch are ?

P.S. try to read Note 722513 - Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that very useful answer.

In my case, I was having problem with *MS word 2007* while opening in SAP .

As mentioned in the note that the SAP 7.10 supports MS Office 2007,

But also *has its limitation for docx and xlsx.*

Further I came across note *1147660,* which clearly states that SAP doesn't not support MS word 2007 (docx format) & MS EXCEL 2007(xlsx format) uptill now.

Regards,

Vishal

suhas_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Me working in Office Integration area.

Opening/Creating/Saving of this *.docx and *.xlsx office 2007 files will be supported from SAPGui 7.10 patch 11. We will update note 722513, 1147660 about this ASAP.

with regards

Suhas Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas Rao 11 PL are awailable ... Are you change this patch letter for example to 11.1 version? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that useful piece of information.

Can you provide me the link to download patch 11 of SAP GUI 7.10.

Hope things would work fine with this.

Regards,

Vishal

suhas_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Patch 11 you can download it from Service Market place. Also please make sure that for Office 2007 document in init_control or get_document_proxy method send document type as "word.document.12" for word , "excel.sheet.12" for excel. These information will be updated in note as well in help document for OI ASAP.

with regards

Suhas rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas & Sergo ,

Thanks a lot for that needed information.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not finding any additional information on the support for docx/xlsx formats in SAP beyond SAP Note 1147660. Has there been any additional progress in supporting these formats? (i.e. SAP GUI PL 11 is still unable to open docx/xlsx formats)..

Of course, I just may not having something configured correctly as well

Kind regards,

Michael Gibbs

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE: According to information I received via SAP Message, PL13 will support the docx/xlsx/pptx formats...

Edited by: Michael Gibbs on Feb 18, 2009 4:45 PM

Edited by: Michael Gibbs on Mar 12, 2009 2:15 PM