cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing of .NET WCF Service using ES Explorer for .NET Sneak Preview 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built .NET Web service based on WSDL taken from ESR, and want to publish it to NetWeaver CE 7.1 SP5.

Everything is fine when I use ES Explorer for creating proxy for services in my Services Registry.

I right click any Visual Studio .NET Project, it shows me u201CAdd SAP Enterprise Service u2026u201D as an option in the context menu, and everything goes fine according to the instructions of u201CIntroducing SAP Enterprise Services Explorer for Microsoft .NETu201D https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0319dc4-d76d-2a10-d19f-e4f4ff31...

However, I want to publish my WCF service in service registry. In the above mentioned document the section of u201CPublishing Custom Web Servicesu201D says:

u201CIn the context menu of your service in Solution Explorer, choose Publish to SAP Services Registry.... to open the ES Explorer wizardu201D

Unfortunately, I donu2019t see any "Publish to SAP Services Registry..." context menu option in my service (I think it is the WCF .NET project, I even tried ASMX project, but this option never appears in context menu). It always has the u201CAdd SAP Enterprise Service u2026u201D on all .NET projects, but the option u201Cu201D doesnu2019t appear even while right clicking of u201C.svcu201D file.

Will someone help me on it, because ES Explorer would hopefully do this automatically once I get the option.

I am using my service registry URL as "http://HOSTNAME:50200/ServicesRegistrySiService/ServicesRegistrySiPort", which is working fine for u201CService Discoveryu201D.

Do I need to change the service registry URL for u201CService Publicationu201D although I want to publish in the same registry.

I really need help from someone knowledgeable about this wonderful tool, as when I tried to publish CEu2019s NetWeaver Administration/Service Registry Publish option using my WSDL, it did not let me specify the classifications or System Details.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, publishing WCF service into Services Registry is still not implemented in ES Explorer for .NET. That is the reason why Publish option doesn't appear on right click on *.svc file. Publish option should appear on right click on *.asmx file in WebSite or WebService project.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your very useful reply which saved my hours of frustration.

Actually I got the impression that like in service cosumption proxy generation, WCF would also be supported in service provisioning and actually went forward and coded the entire ESR generated WSDL interfaces into WCF.

Now I would have to re-do that into ASMX style.

I wish that instead of instead of "context menu of your service", they had clearly mentioned that for publication, the option would only appear when you would right click a file with .asmx extension .

Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding, and I would get back to you with more questions when I move forward on it.

Answers (0)