cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the Maximum Number of the retry interval in sender cc?

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,gurus:

You know about how to set the Maximum Number of the retry interval of receiver communication channel in RWB.

But how to set the one of the sender communication channel?

Can we set that in integration directory?

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The no of times to be retired on failure of message is default 3 times.

You can set this in Visual Administrator->Server->Services----> SAP XI Adapter

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I set it in in Visual Administrator->Server->Services----> SAP XI Adapter ,and I restarted it ,but it seemed that the default value 3 or the value I changed not worked,any ideas?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also I restart the j2ee engine,but it does not work.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog, For the settings to be done at SXMB_ADMIN Tuning(IS_Retry_Limit )and the VA

Also in VA change both inbound and outbound retries. For max no. of retry interval change the default value 300000(5 mins) to 600000(10 mins) or whatever you want.

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 16, 2008 7:33 AM

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,sudhir:

The retry parameter IS_Retry is used in integration engine. My case is about adapter engine,and you know there is only one method to solve this: in VA. But after I set the parameter from default value 3 to 2, and restarted ,I just found the retry no. was unlimited when my scenario is running.

Any ideas?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ultimately the message flows from Adapter engine to Integration Engine and setting tuning parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT (By default 10)to say 3-4 might help. Please try changing this in SXMB_ADMIN.

Thanks!

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I chaged the value IS_RETRY_LIMIT to 3 in sxmb_adm, but the problem stil existed. The retry no. was still unlimited.

Any ideas?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your complete scenario? sender adapter?receiver ?

Thanks!

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is file 2 file, both communication channels use ftp protocol.

I wanna restrict the no. of retry when we cann't connect sender FTP.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Look this, Check in Processing TAB and Specify the number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a file processed with errors is processed again.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Dharamveer:

I know your meaning.But that is the setting of retry interval. I want to know the setting of the number of retry times .Any ideas?