cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response code - 415 Unsupported Media Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying a scenario to simply receive data from one of our external partners, via HTTP, and save this data as a flat file within our landscape.

As there is no mapping involved, no object is created/referred to in the integration repository.

However, our partners get response "415 Unsupported Media Type" when sending data to us.

Data that is being sent, has the following headers,

Content-Type: application/text

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

Could one of you please help to resolve this issue?

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

look this thread might help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer,

Thank you, but I see no resolution steps mentioned in this link. Would you have some more detailed suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may occur due to the content-type text/xml used. You may use adapter module MessageTransformBean in receiver communication channel and try to run the scenario again.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prateek,

Thank you for the suggestion. But, could you please let me know to what we shold look to transform this message using the Message Transform Bean?

Like i said earlier, we do not intend to do any mapping or message transformation and we only want to archive the raw input to a flat file.

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could your sender system send the data in different Content-Type e.g. application/xml or text/xml. If not, then you need to use the MessageTransformBean to convert Content-Type: application/text to one of the above.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/0b2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Am receiving data over HTTP. The module tabs are not enabled at the HTTP communictaion channel and hence not possible to add the message transform bean.

Would you have any other suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Thomas.