cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CUP " Role Search"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have CUP installed & facing an error while selecting roles.

We have enabled the " Request change " option for approvers .

When approver wants to add a role to the request by clicking on " Select Role" tab he get the next screen for searching the roles. But the search doesn't return any values. The error is "No records Found"

I have checked in the Role Selection tab on configuration page . I have enabled Approvers to select All Roles.

Please let me know if you know how to approach this issue

Thanks

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Before you begin configuring Compliant User Provisioning, you must import initial system data. This data is the default system data that is prepackaged with the system. It is the minimum set of data required for the application to function properly and is imported directly from the application itself.

After installing Compliant User Provisioning, you must configure the interactions with the appropriate back-end systems via connectors. This is essential to provision approved users to the back-end systems. Compliant User Provisioning supports several connector types for the back-end systems.

Compliant User Provisioning uses the Search Data Source group to extract data from the data source to return user-related search queries. The User Details Data Source group is used to get additional information about the user.

You can use:

-SAP User Management Engine as the User Data Source

-LDAP as the User Data Source

-multiple data sources as the User Data Source

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the pointers to the orginal poster, It helped me also, Now I am able to get the roles out.

I uploaded the roles from the back end and then exported to the excel and modified added company, business process etc as you mentioned.

I am now able to query the roles. But when I select the type of access as transaction it gives me the same error, No records found

Not sure why this is happening

Any help in this regard

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs guys.

I Have followd the confiuration setps mentioned by you. I am able to see the roles when I search them via the Roles link on the configuration tab.

My issue is that when an approver teries to add the the role to a request before his approval he/she is not not able to serach the roles. The search there ends with " No records Found" message.

We have also configred the " default Roles" to be added to users based ion certain attributes. Is this the reason why approver is not able to add theses roles ?

Edited by: Shailesh Deshpande on Dec 10, 2008 12:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Even if you sync Roles/Profiles and users in Complaince Calibrator, the roles will not appear in CUP without importing it there.

To import it, goto CUP main screen- Configuration-Roles-Import roles

There are two options -

Import from backend - it will sync all backend roles

Import from ERM- you import Roles in ERM(to import only selected roles) and then import here form ERM. The benifit is that you can import selected roles(used roles) in ERM with Business process, sub-process details etc and then import them in CUP.

After importing here, you will see roles available here.

For testing you can import individual role in CUP(select by name) from backend and attach it to users. If you want, you can import all roles. But importing from ERM have certain benifits.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Sabita