Did you mean: 

Runtime error MESSAGE_TYPE_X occuring while opening PS Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your help in this matter.

While opening PS text Iam getting short dump with error message

MESSAGE_TYPE_X.

This error message comes only when I am opening MS word doc.

This error message does not come at all while opening any other format of PS text like SAP script & RTF format.

Further to my observation the error pertains with only with MS word 2007 and does not create any problem or error while opening PS text with MS word 2003.

Please suggest .

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your BASIS team, to look in to it. I feel that you need to apply patch for the MS Word 2007.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know whether you are suggesting for patch level for SAP release or patch for MS word.

Regards,

Vishal

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two cases,

case 1

If have installed MS office 2007 installed on your machine & you are gettting the error while opening PS text MS - Word 2007 than there is not need to installed conversion patch for MS 2007 on your machine.

In this case you have to install SAP patch as your basis team suggest.

case 2

if you are using machine in which you are using version of MS Word which is other than MS -Word 2007. Than you can take one try with installing coverversion patch from that version to 2007 on you machine. & check weather it is working or not.

This is just my understanding. Simply open your project Ps text on m/c where Ms -Word 2007 is installed based on result you will get clear idea.

Regards

Nitin