cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 APO Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

Please tell me the steps for connecting APO system to R/3 .

Also i am stuck in between of making such a connection .

Here i am stuck while providing the details for release in "Specify SAP APO Release " through SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Intergration with other MySAP.com components ->APO->Basic Settings for setting up the system landscape->Specify SAP APO Release .

Now here we are at SCM 5.0 version , but in R/3 when i am not getting this version '5.0'. Versions which are present in R/3 (in specify SAP APO release ) are release 1.1, 2.0A,3.0A 4.0,4.1 (but 5.0 is not present ).

SO guys please let me know where can i put SCM version 5.0 (i strongly feel that there will be some setting where i need to insert 5.0 version ).

Regards

Bhupendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupendra,

[CIF|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF] Wiki page under [SCM|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Main] space has all the basic details for setting up APO-R/3 Integration. Hope you have checked there.

To answer your specific issue - check your R/3 Plug-in Version.

I guess the R/3 system is not having the correct Plug-in which should allow you to assign SCM 5.0 as system release.

Look under SW component PI or PI_BASIS and check the Release notes for SCM 5.0 to identify the suitable Plug-In version required on R/3 side for CIF integration.

Hope this helps,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I have checked the plug-In versions for PI and PI_BASIS , and found that these version should support the SCM 5.0 release .

IS there anything which i am missing? Or can i populate the column "release " with version 5.0 from somewhere (from some other t-code or table , which may be a one time maintenance activity.)

Regards

Bhupendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across this ditto issue while setting up connection to SCM5.0 IDES system. I was led to screen to enter the developer access key. Yes you are right. the Plug versions is correct but still you dont see 5.0 in NDV2. The Basis guys corrected this but i could not follow up on what exactly they did.

Regards,

Lok

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best is take this up with your BASIS team.

NDISYSTEMS table in R/3 contains the Release related mapping.

Data Element NDIREL will have the values included. If 50 is not there then BASIS should know how to fix /add it. Ideally this should get updated with the correct Plug-In version.

somnath