cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute contract from SRM to MDM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I am a little bit confused over the steps required to distribute contract from SRM to MDM and hence need some clarifications here.

First of all, I have set up the backend system to allow distribution of contract from SRM to MDM.

My question is does SRM automatically send the contract when I select the 'Distribute Contract to Catalog' indicator and release it in the 'Process Contract' transaction? OR do I have to run the program SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER to do the distribution?

So far I have tried both and did not see the contract informaton appearing for the item in MDM. I checked the status using SXMB_MONI and cannot find any messages so am at a loss now.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know the exact details on how to do what you are looking for, but as far as I know. Those transactions in SRM to extract information for MDM generate an XML file. You can use this file as the input of an inbound port in MDM to import the information thru Import Manager.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alejandra

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am currently trying to establish whether XI is working so that I can confirm whether I need to run the program or is it enough by setting the indicator in the contract.

Will update this thread once the result is clear.

However, if someone knows the answer straight away, it would be great to know.

Regards

SF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not needed to execute the report.

Just set the transfer indicator in the header and item level of the contract item.
both should be set for transfer to initiate.
and it's automatic.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution as yet

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the prerequisite for Contracts transfer from SRM to MDM:

1. You must have defined a dummy entry as Backend system of Type "Catalog" in SRM IMG.: Supplier Relationship Management> SRM Server>Technical Basic Settings--> Define Backend systems.

2. COntracts in SRM server are distributed to SRM-MDM Catalog via the check field "Distribute Contract to Catalog".

3. SRM contracts must have following status to be uploaded or updated:

A) Released (or if workflow is active, contract might still be in approval)

B) Deleted

C) Locked or Completed (a locked contract is treated as deleted)

Once you are sure with the above, execute transaction SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER. Now go to Transaction SXMB_MONI to make sure message has been generated with contract information and sent sucessfully to PI. Once we are sure till here, then we will check configurations at PI end. Please check this and revert with the result.

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

I am trying to find out what the correct Import Mapping for XSD MDMContractDataTransmissionProductID should be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SF,

To send contracts from the SRM system to the SRM-MDM Catalog repository, execute the report SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER (transaction SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER) in SRM.

Before replicating the Contract data fro SRM System to SRM-MDM Repository, You have to defined a dummy entry as backend system of type u201CCatalogu201D in SRM via IMG(using transaction u2018SPROu2019):

Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server->Technical Basic Settings-> Defined Backend System.

Contracts in SRM Server are distributed to SRM-MDM Catalog via the check field u201CDistribute Contract to Catalogu201D.

If contract not replicated into MDM then check for the error message in SXMB_MONI of XI and SRM System as well. Also check for the conditions in XI configuration that you defined for interface mapping.

I hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Dec 12, 2008 7:59 AM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suarabh,

Thanks for the information. I did defined 'Catalog' as the dummy backend system and the transaction SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER ran successfully but nothing shows up on SXMB_MONI . I am getting the Basis people to check the XI set up.

In the meantime, I want to clarify something. If we still have to run SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER to send the contract from SRM to MDM, what is the purpose of setting the indicator u201CDistribute Contract to Catalogu201D of the contract in SRM especially when we can key in the contract number via the SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER transaction? Would the system still send the contract if I do not set the "Distribute Contract to Catalog" checkbox?

Appreciate your advice on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SF,

If you check the "Distribute Contract to Catalog" checkbox then only the system send the contract.

First you check in the moni (SXMB_MONI) of SRM System if there is a file which is sent to XI, It means there is some problem while defining the condition in interface mapping otherwise if you dont see the file in moni of SRM, it means you missing some setting in SRM System.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...