cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am SD functional guy. Most of the testing thus far has been manually by me and our team. I wanted to get some feedback from other SD gurus if it is the job of the functional guy to write these test scripts. We have a small SAP team - all we have are technical and functional, that is it. Testing is done by all of us, when there is a need.

If you are using test scripts in your organization for "OTC" business process - can you post a sample on SDN. Thx.

V N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you search through the forum you can get answers for your question.

For example check this link [test script|] and [test script1|]

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VN,

Test Scripts prepared by the functional consultants.

In functional way Test script will use after completion of any configuration settings or customisation you need to test that whether those settings are correctly executig the requirement or not.

To test the process you need prepare a document with the sequence of activities to test the specific scenerio, that is called Test script.After testing functional consultant this test script will be send to the user to tast that scenerio from his side after testing if he satisfies then he will give approvel to move to Production system.

In your case you would like to activate the propose purchase order date in VOV8, after activating you have to check the result of that setting.To check that you have to go some transactions to see that scenerio ,so how you are going to test that and what are the transactions you are using, mention in a sequence way in the document that is called Test Script.

Fo rexample:- How to create sales order

Organisational data

Sales organisation

Distribution channel

Division

Customer :-

System:-

Step 1:- Go to transaction VA01

Step 2:- Enter the document type OR and enter the sales area data then press enter

Step3 :- In the sales order over view screen you enter customer number and material etc

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the vibrant responses. Much appreciated. V N