cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop FPM Webdynpro component as part of local development

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I want to develop custom MSS application using FPM.

I must use this DC's:

pcui_gp/xssfpm

pcui_gp/xssutils.

My customer don't want to install NWDI or even DTR.

I could not found way to use this two Dc's on my local development SC .

Need some help with this one.

Thanks

Nir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

with out NWDI u cannot use those DCs.

it is not possible.

Regards,

Satya.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

after you import the DC to your local developement you need to create a Develpment Component Project in your local environment and in used DCs part you have to add these 2 DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I know how to work with Dc's I just can't find the FPM dc's on the server after deploying the BP via sdm.

I can use NWDI and truck to do this job but my customer don't want to install NWDI now.

Thx

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

These DCs are part of ESS and MSS business packages.

service.sap.com/download>Support patches and packages>Entry By application Group>SAP Application Components>SAP ERP>SAP ERP 2004>Entry By Component-->SAP XSS -->(SAP ESS 100 and SAP PCUI_GP 100))

refer to: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b2224432...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that these are part of MSS,

and it is working OK with NWDI.

But when I tried to import these DC's manually to local development I can't see the used component.

Thx

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir,

Alternatively if you have those 2 DCs in your Local Development then you can add them to your project. For that you may need to import those DCs in your PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharma ,

For the quick response .

This is what i am trying to do, but I don't see the correct used component now.

Can you tell me where I can find this DC's?

Thx

Nir

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can download these business pacakge from market place http://service.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

to get these dc you need to have nwdi but in any case your requirement is to develop custom mss and not the customization of standard mss.for customization of standard mss you need those dc.you just create your iviews and assign it to the appropiate roles.but if your requirement is to use the fpm framework then you have to install nwdi to get those dcs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pcui_gp/xssfpm

pcui_gp/xssutils

are the standatd DCs deployed in to the server.

even if u want to create a local DC, u need a NWDI configured so that

u can import the development configuration and then add these DCs as used DCs to your local DC.

Regards,

Satya.