cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Acknowledgments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file to IDoc Scenario. Mainly with customer and vendor. The gist of this is that when XI picks up the file it will send CREMAS and ADRMAS to an SAP ECC system. I need to create a BPM that requires an acknowledgment from CREMAS. I have gone through the "How to Handel Acknowledgments" doc from SAP. My only question about that doc is am I doing all these steps in my ECC system or in my XI box? Also the doc is an IDoc to IDoc scenario where I am using a File to IDoc scenario so is there going to be any differences?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick

File to IDOC is different from IDOC to IDOC.IDOC acknowledgment cannot be returned for File adapter.

You need BPM that can help you to get acknowledgment

Check the thread given above for details on BPM.

For issues let us know.

Thanks

Gaurav

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Also the doc is an IDoc to IDoc scenario where I am using a File to IDoc scenario so is there going to be any differences?

Yes,

For File to IDoc need to use BPM as Gaurav mentioned.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so i understand i need to use a BPM. I was going to anyway because once i recieve the acknowledgement that DEBMAS was successful then i am going to send ADRMAS. Now as far as the doc goes on "How To Handel Acknowledgments" do i do all this config in my ECC system? So if i have

MDM -> XI -> ED1130 I do the config for acknowledgments in ED1130. Am i correct?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Derrick,

You will need to use a BPM. Without a BPM, Correlation would be a major issue.

In the send step of the BPM you would need to request for Application Ack and this would be triggered from R3 using RBDSTATE report back to XI.

The BPM will continue to wait until the ack comes back from R3 and hence you need to make sure that the report RBDSTATE to trigger your Acknowledgement is scheduled as needed and / or you need to have a deadline branch in a bPM where you wait X minutes and if you do not get any ack back you have a else branch with the required logic / process in place.

Regards

Bhavesh

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Your requirment can be achieved without using BPM.

To get tha ack you have to do the setting on R3 side (Transaction RBDSTATE for more information refer to the link given by others).

Now execute the report IDX_ALEREQUEST on ABAP satck of XI and fill the required. IT will convert the ack in to XI message.

Now to configure Asynch-Synch scenario (like File getting the ack) without BPM you can use RequestResponseBean and ResponseOneWayBean(refer to link given below) in module of File adapter.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/45/20cc5dc2180733e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks

Sunil Singh

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use BPM to Receive Ack From R/3. After that if you want to send it to any file, u can.

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Just go through the following link for alternative solutions withouts overloading XI

Cheers,

Jag