cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install two SAP instances in Linux with oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a server with RedHat Linux 5, and Oracle 10, we been trying to install two instances in that same server.

When installing the first one we dont have any problem, the instance starts normaly and works fine, but when installing the second one, the issues start

We been doing it in two ways, first try to instal the second instance in the same oracle RDBS, but it does not work, so we installed two Oracle RDBS instances, one for the development system(ESD) and other for the Quality system (ESQ), but when doing that, after the instalation of ESQ, none of them starts again, showing errors in the configuration, that we dont have permisions for start the two databases.

We alredy modified the listner and tnsnames files to support two instances, but not working.

Any idea on what the roadmap should be?..

Thanks.

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you done the listener configuration. When you are installing 2 SAP Instances in one server, the listener by default it will configured with Port no 1527 and with the name listener.

Check the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

Hope this might help you.

Mahesh C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your sugestions, the note 21960 I already read it.

The error im getting is when starting the SAP systems, for example the ESD after set te command startsap, and get the next error in startdb log:

Trying to start ESD database

Can not find executable sqlplus.

I really need some guide....

Any ideas let me know.

Thanks!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, in my case, I forgot to add both <SID>adm in /etc/group as

- sapinst

- dba

- oper

After adding, I can start both instances successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming that you have created proper oracle user and groups...

Trying to start ESD database

Can not find executable sqlplus.

It means that oracle binary directory is not included in your PATH variable..

Please check, ora<SID> users login profile and make sure about the following variables...

export ORACLE_SID=<DBSID>
export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<SID>/102_<platform ID>
export PATH=XXX/XXX/:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

then sqlplus command will work... otherwise you need to navigate to oracle executables directory to run that command.

for example. /oracle/<SID>/102_64/bin

Also make sure that listener name and port are different for both instance.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Please read SAP OSS Note 21960-Several instances/systems on one UNIX computer. This Note is very informative and comprehensive.

You need to check below:

1. hardware requirements

2. login to ora<SID> for both systems and check the database state.If any issues try to resolve,or post the same.

3.Profiles for both instances.

Please let me know if you need assistance to resolve the issues. Please post the error logs that you are getting.

Thanks

Kishore