cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Proposal Configuration for Order Creation

0 Kudos

Greetings. We have a situation where, when creating a Credit Memo (order type CR), it is picking up the item proposal values (unit of measure and quantity). When creating a standard order, it does NOT pick up the item proposal values. We want the Credit Memo NOT to use the item proposal. How can I turn this off? The standard order is relevant for delivery, but the credit memo is not. I have not been able to find where the proposed items are configured to affect a credit memo (any order type). Is the configuration on the Order Type level, the item category, etc.???? Thank you for your support and time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Product Proposal is a sales order type which is MS order type in STD SAP inVOV8

This will have sales doc category D

No ranges assigned to it

Doc pricing procedure c

No del type

No billining type

Pls assign this doc first in the sales areas in which you want to use in t code OVAZ

Then create a product proposl in which you want the materials to be added with quantities in VA51 with this order type MS

This will generate a doc no

This doc no you assign in your customer master records in sales area data sales tab in item proposal field

Now when you create sales order for this customer in VA01 after inputting SP before entering materials

Go to EDIT in menu bar ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS ---PROPOSE ITEMS or crtl+F11

Then this dialogue box with this proposal no will appear

Copy then it will copy all the items that you have listed in the proposal

Coming to your case

The system will not pick up product proposal for any customer automatically

You have to choose manually in the sales order creation by Going to EDIT in menu bar ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS ---PROPOSE ITEMS or crtl+F11

The reason why it is getting picked up autoamtically in credit memo request may be the in reference doc you have used item proposal or contains only the items in the product proposal So the changes pertains to those items only Hence it might be getting picked in credit memo request automatically

In short the product proposal is a tool provided by SAP if a particular customer buys regularly a particular set of products everytime when we prepare a sales order we need not enter the products manually.It can be automatically called for by creating a product proposal order with order type MS and assigning the proposal no in his master record

There is no special configuration for item/product proposal all at order type only MS not much at item category level

only concept we have to understand

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 9, 2008 10:13 AM

0 Kudos

Thank you, Ramanathan. Your explanation is very clear and helped me solve my problem. I appreciate your input very much. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Can we call item selection in tcode VA41 also,

pls guide me,it will help in my assignment

Answers (0)