SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail: New Distribtution channel and Listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

we need to create a new distribution channel in retail in our productive system.

the steps which i feel would be needed are -

1. copy existing channel in customising

2, create article master in those channels through mass upload

3. carry out mass listing again

the problem is the listing data is not getting created when i am carrying out the mass listing again.

Can you advice if i am missing any step?

Thanks in advance,

Chandan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Articles are listed to assortments. Have you created a new assortment with your new distribution channel? The assumption that I am making is that you are using 4.7 or higher and global (N:M) assortments rather than local (1:1) assortments.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Articles are listed to assortments. Have you created a new assortment with your new distribution channel? The assumption that I am making is that you are using 4.7 or higher and global (N:M) assortments rather than local (1:1) assortments.

0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

The version we are using is ERP 6.0 and the assortments are global assortments.

Also the new distribution chain is a wholesale distribution chain and not a store distribution chain. Therefore i was thinking that we might not have to create a new assortment.

Am i thinking in right direction?

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos

HI,

Extend the articles to the new channel (MM42-article no., sales org, channel then select sales tab), and then try mass listing thro txn. WSM8.

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Hi GK,

well thats what i am doing actually.

what i thought was that maybe we just need to extend the article sales data in the new distribution chain and thats it.

thanks for your reply,

Chandan

0 Kudos

Go to site master, Organisation/Calendar tab-->Click on Sales area Available button, Check for your channel is available for ur sales org.

If the article is working for the previous channel, it will also work for the newely created channels. If u maintained all the assignments for your new channel.

Regards

GK