cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to move stock to a Fixed Bin in WMS without using/creating TR & TO ??

Can anyone provide the settings required for the same?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the sense of this? What is the business requirement?

In WM you realize goods moveemnt by TOs, that means via transfer orders you update the stock level in storage bins.

You can allow the suitable fields for related IM mvt type to upload stock (e.g. during initial stock upload) directly into the bins without any transfer order (in this case TR creation should be swithced off).

But in case of normal operation in warehouse it is not viable I think, except you have a very special reason to do that.

And of course, you cannot move stock from one bin (directly) to another without TO as per my best knowledge.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks a lot for the response.

To answer your query please check the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f83cfb4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer / correction.

Again, I was slow to check things and was hasty to give answer. Sorry for my incorrect reply.

Now, following the instruction of SAP help you must be able to achieve your goal. (The special movement indicator can be defined in SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Material > Define Special Movement Indicator)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Csaba,

I tried by configuring the system as mentioned in the help.

I.e I have done the following settings.

1. Created a Special Mov.indicator & maintained the same in the material master.

2. Created a new WM mov.type & assigned it to the IM mov.type using the Special Mov.indicator & Ref WM Mov.type.

3. The New WM Mov type in not relevant for TR & TO creation.

4. I havent maintained any Source & Destination Storage Bins for the new mov.type.

Now when I did GR against a PO I got the error message : L9009. Storage bin XXX doesnot Exist

So can you help me on this??

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings!

I followed the instructions described by SAP online help and succesfully created a GR with direct posting to fixed bin (w.o TO).

I explain it trough an example:

1. WM movement type 777 created > source storage type: 007, fixed bin checkbox marked (SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Transfers > Define Movement types) - but no fixed bin mentioned!

2. Special movement type indicator Z created (SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Material > Define Special Movement Indicator)

3. WM movement type 777 assigned to WM reference movement type 101, mentioning special movevement type indicator Z in the record, TO creation indicator removed (SPRO > LE >WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Movement Types)

4. Material master extended (MM01) to storage type 007 > on WM1 of mmr I defined special movement type indicator Z, and on WM2 of mmr I defined fixed bin 01-02-03.

5. Fixed bin strategy defined for storage type 007 (SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type).

That's all.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Dec 12, 2008 10:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Appreciate the effort you have put in!

My Issue is solved.

Now regarding the solution I also followed the same steps as you mentioned but with a small difference which created the Issue.

In addition to the Putaway Strategy F I have also mentioned SU mgmt check as well as the SUT check for my source storage type which I defined in the WM mov.type as Fixed Bin.

So when I post a GR system was displaying the below error message.

Storage type 005 not suitable as an interface (SU management is active)

Message no. L9042

So once the SU check was removed from my Storage type the document got posted & stock was directly moved to the Fixed Bin as mentioned in the MMR.

Intially I was a bit confused regarding the WM mov.type i.e whether to mention any Source & destination storage types or to keep the fields as empty.

Thanks & Regards,

Edited by: SAP FC on Dec 15, 2008 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

In continuation to our discussion, Can you check the *capacity check for your Source Storage type 007*

I have given the capacity check option 3 for my storage type 005 but still system is not workin as expected based on the Qty Check.

I.e system allows to post more qty than what is allowed as per the MMR.

Also please try by posting a GR for a different material to the same Storage Bin.

When I tried this, system posted the doc by creating another quant (2nd) in my storage bin.

Note that I havent given the option of mixed storage in my storage type but still system allowed to post a diff material in the same storage where already quants exists for my first Material.

Hope its clear..

Please check n revert.

Regards,

Edited by: SAP FC on Dec 15, 2008 1:17 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check OSS note 1688.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Csaba,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Any Idea regarding my 2nd query about mixed Storage?

Regards,

Answers (0)